In-person Worship Resumes July 26, 2020
July 8, 2020
Dear Willow Creek Church Family:
Last month, we made the difficult decision to suspend in-person worship gatherings. This decision was primarily due to a staff member's exposure to someone testing positive for COVID-19, and that staff person's subsequent contact with most of our staff members. Out of an abundance of caution, we decided to suspend in-person gatherings immediately. Thankfully, that staff member and other members of our staff have all since tested negative.
Therefore, and with guidance from state and Seminole County authorities and following the example of other churches in our presbytery and area, Willow Creek Church will resume in-person worship gatherings for non-vulnerable individuals on Sunday, July 26, at both 9 am and 11 am, in our Worship Center. Here are some important notes about these services:
- Vulnerable individuals, those with symptoms, and those not yet comfortable with in-person worship should continue to shelter-in-place and worship with us online, not in-person.
- Social distancing and masks or suitable face coverings are now required while on church property and for the duration of all in-person worship gatherings.
- Online worship will continue every Sunday morning on Facebook Live at 10 am via facebook.com/willowcreekpca. Services are also available anytime on youtube.com/willowcreekpca, willowcreekchurch.org, and our ministry app.
- We will check the temperature of those volunteering on Sunday mornings.
- We will offer our nursery, Pre-K class, and children's worship service (K-5th grade). Masks are not required for children in nursery care.
- We will not use paper worship bulletins. Instead, we will project all announcements, song lyrics, etc.
- We will not use offering plates. We will continue to provide online giving and secure boxes for offerings located at the side and rear of the Worship Center.
- We will attempt to clean surfaces before, in-between, and after worship services.
- To preclude congestion, we will use the main lobby, side, and rear entrances and exits to the Worship Center.
- We will offer an ASL interpreter at the 9 am service.
- Weather-permitting, we encourage people to fellowship safely outdoors, before and after worship - not indoors in the Worship Center, hallways, foyer, etc.
Again, if you do not yet feel comfortable attending in-person worship services, please worship with us online!
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time. We appreciate your continued partnership with the ministry of Willow Creek Church.
Grace and peace,
The Elders of Willow Creek Church