Quarterly Financial Update
Dear Willow Creek Family,
We hope you and your family are well and enjoying summer under these extraordinary times. We are excited to be able to offer in-person worship services again at 9:00 and 11:00am (masks and social distancing required) and hope to see many of you here! Online services are still being offered for those who are continuing to stay at home. We have been heartened knowing that our family here at Willow Creek is alive and vibrant even while under the Covid-19 restrictions and the inability to meet together for so long. It is a beautiful reminder that the people here at Willow Creek, as ambassadors for Christ, are doing things to spread the gospel to our families and surrounding neighbors in any way they can during this very unusual period in our country’s history. Whether it has been through increased phone calls, Zoom meetings with small groups, note writing to those sheltering in place, morning and evening prayer times, online worship or by other means, we have all felt the need to encourage one another as much as possible.
Our leadership wants to tell you we have every reason to celebrate now. We are now over halfway through the year and we are within $13,000 of being on track with our budget goals for 2020! That is incredible considering everything that has happened over the past few months. Thank you so much for your generosity and sacrificial giving.
By the fruit of your generosity we were able to:
- Impact kids for Jesus in our community and around the world by providing ministry for close to 100+ children and their families through our amazing and well-produced virtual Vacation Bible School.
- Continue our support and give even more generously to our ministry partners and missionaries locally and around the world. Through the amazing giving to our Deacon’s Fund we have been able to donate more than $40,000 to those in need, either directly or through charitable organizations supported through the Deacon’s Fund.
- Welcome our new Preschool Director, Ellen Geer, and prepare for the reopening of our Preschool with over 130+ students. It was also a blessing to be able to retain all of our Preschool staff during this time as they taught and ministered to the children and families at the end of the school year either virtually or by dropping off material at the children’s homes.
- Have many beautifications and on-going maintenance projects done through the tremendous efforts of the Deacons and Willow Creek family members.
- Welcome our new Director or Worship Arts, Jeffrey Hoy, to the Willow Creek family as we seek to build up and inspire our members and attenders in the worship of our God.
Please continue your support of God’s work through Willow Creek Church. As followers of Christ, we seek to imitate the one who gave himself for us. Giving sacrificially is an opportunity to witness to the lavish nature of the God who gives the gift of salvation by grace to all who will receive it. Please be in prayer how you can give, serve and worship here at Willow Creek.
With you in Christ,
Willow Creek Church Leadership
Hebrews 13:16: And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.