Women's Fall Bible Study (Morning)
Every Thursday until November 11, 2021
9:30am – 11:30amCategory: Women's Ministries | Coordinator: Drew Taylor
John 1-3: The Word Became Flesh by Matt Chandler
Sign up here.
The Gospel of John is different from the Synoptic Gospels-Matthew, Mark, and Luke-in that more than ninety percent of its material is unique. John’s Gospel does not focus on the miracles, parables, and public speeches that are so prominent in the other accounts. Instead, the Gospel of John emphasizes the identity of Jesus as the Son of God and how we, as believers, should respond to his teachings. John portrays Jesus as the eternal Word of God who became flesh to redeem His people from their sins.
In this 12 Session study we will:
- Learn the nature of Christ and how true life is found in His name.
- Depend upon God to help us believe in the name of Jesus and become His children.
- Believe in the finished work of Jesus and experience a well of abundant grace that never runs dry.
- Know who we are and who we are not because we know who Jesus is.
- Declare Jesus is the Lamb of God that will defeat all sin.
- Follow Jesus the way His first disciples did.
- Remember the old has passed away and the new has come.
- See Jesus as a Prophet who confronts us, a Priest who cleanses us, and a King who constructs the temple of true worship.
- Examine your relationship with Jesus and ensure that you know Him personally rather than simply knowing information about Him.
- Turn away from sin and toward Christ.
- Pursue gospel-centered multiplication.